Isogloss. Open Journal of Romance Linguistics is now accepting submissions.
Established in 2015, Isogloss has recently undergone a reform with respect to its scope, editorial and review policy, as well as editorial team and board. The change of scope includes enlarging the areas of inquiry to general theoretical and experimental linguistics, with the Romance varieties as object of investigation. Isogloss endeavours to trigger a change of paradigm in the field, by its novel review and publication policy.
The editorial team have established that the process should be:
- CONSTRUCTIVE: the reviewer’s task is to check if the paper is coherent, well-researched, advances knowledge in the field, and contains neither plagiarism, nor other forms of academic misconduct;
- TRANSPARENT: non-anonymous reviewers and disclosed review reports (upon publication of the paper and with the reviewer’s approval, their name is disclosed and the report is made public);
- FAST: Isogloss’ policy includes the following options to evaluate a paper: ‘Accept’ / ‘Accept with minor revisions’ / ‘Reject’; traditional ‘Revise and resubmit’ option in which the reviewer would propose alternate analyses to the paper under review is replaced with the invitation for the reviewer to publish a ‘Reply’ to the reviewed paper;
- FAIR: everyone’s contribution and of the copy-editors, including that of the reviewers, is acknowledged.
- OPEN: All contents, including the reviews, will be freely available for download.
Isogloss adopts the following publication policy:
- Open Access;
- No publication fees;
- Copyright and intellectual property of the scholarly work stay with the author(s) of the papers;
- Continuous publication (as soon as the paper is accepted for publication, edited and formatted, it goes online on Isogloss’ webpage).
Isogloss is a peer-reviewed journal edited by Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, available online at https://revistes.uab.cat/isogloss (where one can find all the information about the journal’s domain and scope, editorial team and board, review and publication policy).