The Cognitive Modelling Group of the Artificial Intelligence Department of the University of Groningen (The Netherlands) and the Linguistics Department at Macquarie University (Sydney, Australia) are looking for applicants for a four-year joint PhD position on a project on the L1 acquisition of plural and quantified noun phrases.
Application Submission Procedure: Please send your entire application (in English) as a single PDF-file by the application deadline: Monday, August 16, 2021, 11:59 PM, Dutch local time, by means of the application form (click on “Apply”) below in the advertisement on the university website). Please upload your entire application as “letter of motivation”.
The submission should contain the following:
1. a cover letter introducing yourself, describing your motivation to conduct scientific research and in particular the topic of the project above
2. a brief outline of an experimental research idea related to the project research questions (1-2 pages)
3. a full CV demonstrating academic excellence, including publications and presentations (if applicable), and a copy of your passport
4. a sample of academic writing (MA thesis or sample publication)
5. a certified copy or scan of your MA diploma (or equivalent) and academic record
6. names and contact details of two academic references.
More information on position, such as required qualifications can be found here.