The master in business communication (master in de bedrijfscommunicatie) is organised by the Faculty of Arts and the Faculty of Social Sciences of KU Leuven, Belgium. This interdisciplinary master’s program combines insights from linguistics and communication sciences to train students to become experts in language and communication in organizational contexts. The Faculty of Arts, and in particular the Department of Linguistics, is now looking for a full-time post-doctoral assistant to strengthen the team related to this master’s program.
The post-doctoral assistant is expected to:
- Supervise a significant number of master’s theses in the master in business communication;
- Develop his/her own linguistic research in the domain of business communication and actively seek for research opportunities (e.g. by integrating some of the master’s theses into these research plans, by writing project proposals in collaboration with professors involved in the master program and so on);
- Contribute to initiatives of the master program and help increasing its visibility, e.g. by co-organizing events and by creatively exploring novel outreach opportunities.
Applications are invited from candidates with the following qualifications:
- A PhD-degree in linguistics and a good academic track record;
- An interest in developing linguistic research in the field of business communication; prior experience with or publications regarding research in this field is a big asset;
- Strong methodological skills;
- A near-native competence of Dutch and a good command of (written and spoken) academic English;
- A cooperative attitude and the ability to work independently as well as in a team.
A full-time employment for three years, from 1 September 2019 onwards. An extension of three years is possible pending positive evaluation. The maximum duration of the employment period is six years.
Application Process and More Information
For more information, including the application process, please visit the KU Leuven website.